The Pastoral Candidate Profile System
FEB Central uses a profile system to help connect churches with pastors and other ministry staff. The Profile form is a standardized resume that candidates complete and submit to FEB Central.
Please follow the instructions below.
1. You must download the profile form to your computer. To download the form, right click with your mouse over download form and select "download linked file". (Note: if you left click and just open the profile form in your browser, you can hover the mouse over the bottom middle of the page and hit the download arrow there).
2. You must use Adobe to fill out the profile. Download the free version of Adobe here.
3. From your downloads folder, open the profile form in Adobe and fill it in.
4. Once you have completed the profile, send it to LD@febcentral.ca.
Upon receiving your Candidate Profile, we will respond letting you know that it was received. We then review it, arrange a short call between yourself and our Leadership Development Director and then we may forward it to FEB Central churches who are looking for ministry staff, where we think there might be a good fit.
Here are few tips for completing your profile:
1. On the front page, be specific and only check the Lead or Associate positions you would be most interested in. We suggest you choose only a few. Sometimes candidates check all the positions with the thought that they are open to any ministry role, but doing so can communicate to a church that you are not sure what you want to do.
2. Include the best references you have. Both FEB Central and churches may call these references and use them to consider whether you would be the right fit.
3. Answer the written questions concisely. Your audience is generally the search committee or pastor at a local church, and they will appreciate simple, clear responses.
4. Review your profile for grammar and spelling errors, before you submit it.
1. My current place of ministry does not know I am looking for a new position. Is the profile system confidential?
FEB Central does not discuss your profile or interest in another position with your current place of ministry without your permission. We ask churches who receive your profile to keep them confidential. Please note that if you list a reference from your current place of ministry, FEB Central or a church may call them. So only include references if you are comfortable with them knowing that you are looking for a new role.
2. What do FEB Central churches pay?
FEB Central produces a Lead Pastor & Associate Staff Salary Guide that many of our churches consider when deciding on ministry salaries. However, each church is free to set salaries as they see fit.
3. I submitted my profile but no churches have called me. Why have I not been contacted?
Churches are not obligated to contact the people whose profiles we send, and will only contact those who they would like to consider for the role. Please note that FEB Central will try to send your profile to churches where there appears to be a good fit, but we make no commitment to forward your profile to any church. Note that you are welcome to submit your application personally to any church that has a job posting on our website. If you would like to talk more about why you have not been getting a response to your profile, please contact us.
4. Where has my profile been sent?
Please contact us and we will be happy to let you know where your profile has been sent.
5. A church contacted me but I am not interested in the position there. What should I do?
If a church contacts you but you do not think it is the right fit, you are not obligated to pursue it further. Please feel free to graciously decline their invitation to enter the process with them.
6. Do you accept profiles from candidates outside of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists?
Yes, we have many pastors and ministry staff who have come from denominations outside the Fellowship. Our profile asks you to sign off on our Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics, and to share why you would like to serve in a Fellowship church. If you would like to explore whether the Fellowship would be a good fit for you, please feel free to contact us and ask any questions you might have.
If you have further questions about our profile system or need help completing your profile, please don’t hesitate to contact us.