The Pastoral Candidate Profile System
FEB Central uses a profile system to help connect churches with pastors and other ministry staff. The Pastoral Candidate Profile is a standardized resume that candidates complete and submit to FEB Central. Please make sure to
1. You must use Adobe to fill out the profile. You can download the free version here.
2. Open the profile and fill it in. In order to be able to save and make changes to this document in the future, you must use the Adobe reader only.
3. Once you complete the profile use the 3 selections at the bottom of the profile to download, print and email (this is emailed to us here at FEB Central).
We will review it and forward it to FEB Central churches who are looking for ministry staff, where we think there might be a good fit.
Here are few tips for completing your profile:
1. On the front page, only check the Lead or Associate positions you would be most interested in. Sometimes candidates check all the positions with the thought that they are open to any ministry role, but doing so can communicate to a church that you are not sure what you want to do.
2. Include the best references you have. Both FEB Central and churches may call these references and use them to consider whether you would be the right fit.
3. Answer the written questions concisely. Your audience is generally the search committee or pastor at a local church, and they will appreciate simple, clear responses.
4. Review your profile for grammar and spelling errors, before you submit it.
1. My current place of ministry does not know I am looking for a new position. Is the profile system confidential?
FEB Central does not discuss your profile or interest in another position with your current place of ministry without your permission. We ask churches who receive your profile to keep them confidential. Please note that if you list a reference from your current place of ministry, FEB Central or a church may call them. So only include references if you are comfortable with them knowing that you are looking for a new role.
2. What do FEB Central churches pay?
FEB Central produces a Salary Guide that many of our churches consider when deciding on ministry salaries. However, each church is free to set salaries as they see fit.
3. I submitted my profile but no churches have called me. Why have I not been contacted?
Churches are not obligated to contact the people whose profiles we send, and will only contact those who they would like to consider for the role. Please note that FEB Central will try to send your profile to churches where there appears to be a good fit, but we make no commitment to forward your profile to any church. Note that you are welcome to submit your application personally to any church that has a job posting on our website. If you would like to talk more about why you have not been getting a response to your profile, please contact us.
4. Where has my profile been sent?
Please contact us and we will be happy to let you know where your profile has been sent.
5. A church contacted me but I am not interested in the position there. What should I do?
If a church contacts you but you do not think it is the right fit, you are not obligated to pursue it further. Please feel free to graciously decline their invitation to enter the process with them.
6. Do you accept profiles from candidates outside of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists?
Yes, we have many pastors and ministry staff who have come from denominations outside the Fellowship. Our profile asks you to sign off on our Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics, and to share why you would like to serve in a Fellowship church. If you would like to explore whether the Fellowship would be a good fit for you, please feel free to contact us and ask any questions you might have.
If you have further questions about our profile system or need help completing your profile, please don’t hesitate to contact us.